TheLoneMiners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Medival Youtube show

Go down

Minecraft Medival Youtube show Empty Minecraft Medival Youtube show

Post  DrGodu92 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Here’s the idea, feel free to add more. We start off filming one person go and do a normal first day of Minecraft; gather materials, build a house, etc. However during the night, a wounded traveler comes by and requests to stay the night. Next day, the traveler builds their house nearby the first house (the start of a town). At some point in that day there should be at least one other person show up and begin building their house near the previous ones, and so on until we have all of the people who want in on this have made houses near each other.
At this point we will spawn in Villagers as if the ‘town’ has attracted new people. Someone disguises as a villager so that they can ‘talk’ to us about starting a town. We’ll build extra houses for them and every time we don’t record the town, someone can make some more and have some ‘in-progress’ houses to make it seem like the villagers are doing it on their own. As we get more houses and more villagers, we can start making a Castle and eventually have a kingdom all made legitimately and from starting off with nothing. During the building, we will be interrupted by random villagers/people to go do quests of varying types. As the town/kingdom gets bigger, we will get harder and more epic quests.
I haven’t decided what all the small details are but there is one thing that needs to be done in a specific manner: death. If someone dies, they cant just respawn and teleport back to us. We need to make it seem like someone has magic or we all go to a shrine or something to ‘revive’ the person. As we will make that seem like magic, I will also be adding the magic plugin back into the server as well as removing others to make it easier as well as make it fit the series.
Everyone will need to decide not only the order of appearance, but also what they want to be skilled in; I.e. farming, smithing, carpenter, etc. What this series will need is that everyone does everything; so everyone films, acts, builds, makes npc shops, etc. If someone cant do one of these things, that’s fine; that just means you’ll be doing something else instead.
For example; if someone cant record, then that person may end up being the person who becomes the quest giver or the person how fly’s back and forth to make the village grow while we are on a quest.
This is a lot of stuff to read, I think Ill put this on the forum as well; feel free to add stuff or give ideas about how we can make this better. If we could include some mods that would be great, but we need to make sure we can keep the server as a bukkit one as well as having those mods.

~Godu

Last edited by DrGodu92 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Medival Youtube show Empty Re: Minecraft Medival Youtube show

Post  DrGodu92 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm

It was night time... everyone in the kingdom was sleeping peacefully, but that ONE night... ____ woke up to the screams of many people. Ran downstairs and put on my coat, and ran outside. The whole castle was on fire, people jumping from the windows to escape the inferno. "I’ve got to get out of here" I ran for the kingdom walls, seeing one of my friends just standing in shock to the blaze ____ "Come on we've got to get out of here! there isn’t much time! Lets go!" They ran until they could no longer make out the castle walls. They then walked for what seemed like days to get away from the horrible memory until they came to a silent field of flowers. "I think we are far enough... Lets settle down here for now...."
Addition by Aaron Oakes

So one character, as well as a way to make the series unique is to switch points of view from the group of heroes to the kidnapped princess as she escapes from the castle dungeon. Granted this will be further down the road so we don’t have to rush for it just yet.
The final scene, or close too it, when the group of heroes ventures forth to free the captured princess by starting an epic battle in front of the boss’s castle; as they are battling their way to the entrance they end up passing the princess and her newly made friends as they are escaping the castle. They beat the boss only to learn that she has escaped and that the boss has sent henchmen after her to kill her. The heroes then have to rush back to try and find the henchmen or the princess before she’s hurt.
Meanwhile, the princess sees the heroes from a distance and thinks they are henchmen trying to get her and set a trap. The heroes walk into said trap.
Still not sure how this thing will end.
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Post  DrGodu92 Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:30 am

So to add more to this idea, as if the above wasn’t enough; I literally just had the thought about us jumping Minecraft types. By this I mean we don’t just do the vanilla, build a kingdom semi-legit with quests sort of thing. We do vanilla, have our kingdom be made there and have it be the main area of action; and we also do things like Tekkit and Hack/Mine or any other multiplayer mod we can get to work.
For example: We are spending the Minecraft day gathering materials and helping the “villagers” build the kingdom, when we are approached by a person (don’t care who this is) that we are running low on supplies but they heard of a place that has magical objects that can do things in mere seconds that would normally take a few hours/minutes. So we head out to investigate this place; ie a Tekkit town, where we find a pimped out village with all the Tekkit fixings. After we gather a bunch of VANILLA things (no tekkit items will be allowed to go back to the kingdom), we do whatever for a while.
Later another person (still don’t care who it is) approaches us with a request to clear a monster infested dungeon/tower. Naturally, the greedy ones in our group see this as a loot chance and a group of us head out to find said tower. We arrive to find a Hack/Mine tower, where upon we clear the place. Afterwards we return to the kingdom with our VANILLA items and we continue to do whatever we were before.
This plan will make it much more diverse than anything other groups have done; HOWEVER, keep in mind that I don’t want to be coping and pasting the entire kingdom over to each and every server, nor do I want to have to deal with the increased lag that comes from the afore mentioned mods. Thus we should try to keep the kingdom vanilla, but we can make some of the quests more fun and more interesting by using modded servers.
There is but one thing I require before we can go forward (not including just plain starting the dang thing), I will need at least the two quest locations I mentioned above.
The Tekkit town: Everyone should be able to go into single player (or multiplayer) a make a normal npc village into a Tekkit hub. The town should include at least one of every different type of normal village building; ie blacksmith, church, big houses, small houses, farms, etc. Once you have done that save and send the town to me as either a schematic or world save and I will pick or combine the best ones to use.
The Hack/Mine tower and/or dungeon: Should be straightforward, find a good tower/dungeon; maybe add some more to it like parkour etc. then same as above where you send the place to me as schematic or world save and Ill pick/combine the best ones.
Any other good multiplayer mods you’d like to try for a quest needs an adventure using it. So find a mod, make a map that makes the most of it and send it in. I foresee at least 20 episodes as season one, each 20 minutes long. At least every episode should have a quest to go with it, however that shouldn’t stop you from making stuff that takes more than that. There should only be 5 episodes max that don’t have us doing much so that we can show off what we build in the kingdom.

I assume that smoth made read this and go “Holy hell! This is going to be a pain to do and script!” and/or “But what about the movie idea?” Well smoth, if you truly want to stick with it; then why not work it into this idea? That castle place we put together, along with the script for it; can easily be put into this idea as either a quest or as a separate story line for future seasons.
Now that all of this has been said, its currently 2:30 am for me; and I should be able to sleep better knowing I was able to write this down. I look forward to seeing what you guys make and if need, in the future, be we can always make it a competition for the viewers to make the next map/quest.

~Godu, the Doctor
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Post  DrGodu92 Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 am

Oh and just a heads up, there is still no name for this series idea! Well what are you waiting for? Back to work!
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down