TheLoneMiners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum, Ideas and Liberations.

5 posters

Go down

New Forum, Ideas and Liberations. Empty New Forum, Ideas and Liberations.

Post  PlayerMidwatch Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 am

Forum

Honestly I'm tired of this plain old forum and the old post/disorganization of it. Godu and I discussed having a new forum recently. It wouldn't be hard to make, considering that they are free forums, and a few of us can set a new one up for us since we can maintain it easily and not forget passwords. :3 Well I wish to go ahead and create since I know how it should be setup up forum wise, and we'll all do the designing later.

Here is probably how it would be set up:
-There would be a a complex logo where it currently says "The LoneMiners".
-The background where the blue pattern is would be sort of an still animation of what we do, having our skins, showing builders planning/building, our Filmer people filming (with cameras), actors acting out a scene, and other things as well (or at least what we can fit).
-Different color palette.
-In the Forums section there would be:
~Registration
~Build Discussion
~Mod Discussion
~Just Minecraft
~Message Board
~Server
~Projects and Ideas
~Offtopic(maybe)

More might be added but for now that's all, give ideas and suggestions on our new upcoming forum!

Ideas

Ok so we have been giving tests to our soon to be LoneMiners, but are some really necessary? What I mean is, we are giving some of them test that aren't really related to their app and therefore don't really help with our tests. What I'm thinking is that we have test that are for specific jobs and such.

This is how it should go or at least be guided by:
-Builders should build a structure that has been taken time on and at least have some detail. They should also have to judge/rate test builds, describing their strengths and weaknesses.
-Filmers would have to send a short clip of them recording something on the server, maybe give them sort of a lag test with tnt or a certain amount of mobs.
-Script writers give us a short story that has a the goods of writing stuff. The story can't be made before we give them the assignment.
-Skin and Texture pack creators will have to give us a piece of their work that has to be 100% on there own and is not done before the assigned time (like the writers).
-Actors must have skype and be test in a conference call, not to see voice lvl or anything, but to see if they can actually act or read off a script.
-Server host's we can basically just give the server a test.
-All Player would probably have to go through a stress/dedication test of some sort, the parkour is good but there may be something better.

I also want us to make the test area a bit more nice and neat so our future LoneMiners have a good first impression of the team.

Liberations

I dunno what to really put here but for now I'm just saying that I actually started working on the texture pack and coding and have decided to be... NO LONGER LAZY!!Very Happy I also try to make post to keep the forums active and such.<]:3[--<

PlayerMidwatch
PlayerMidwatch

Back to top Go down

New Forum, Ideas and Liberations. Empty Re: New Forum, Ideas and Liberations.

Post  PlayerMidwatch Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 am

Those kitty faces look a bit derpy:/
PlayerMidwatch
PlayerMidwatch

Back to top Go down

Post  PlayerMidwatch Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 am

Also maybe get rid of some members who havent been here in forever or havent even participated:3
PlayerMidwatch
PlayerMidwatch

Back to top Go down

Post  DrGodu92 Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:42 am

I have come up with a reason behind having a parkour challenge; rage/whine detectors. We can find out if these new people are the kind that either rage at the repetitive falling/failing or if they whine about needing help (sort of similar to a certain person.... I wont mention any names fresher4321) But other than that, we do need to have more specific tests. For some reason I feel it also should be required that they know how to mod/use plugins as I will always have plugins and we may have our mod that we will pretty much be using all the time.
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Post  FounderSmothdude Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:31 pm

DrGodu92 wrote:I have come up with a reason behind having a parkour challenge; rage/whine detectors. We can find out if these new people are the kind that either rage at the repetitive falling/failing or if they whine about needing help (sort of similar to a certain person.... I wont mention any names fresher4321) But other than that, we do need to have more specific tests. For some reason I feel it also should be required that they know how to mod/use plugins as I will always have plugins and we may have our mod that we will pretty much be using all the time.
You said you had a tekkit server? I have tekkit running now :3
FounderSmothdude
FounderSmothdude

https://theloneminers.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DrGodu92 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 pm

FounderSmothdude wrote:
DrGodu92 wrote:I have come up with a reason behind having a parkour challenge; rage/whine detectors. We can find out if these new people are the kind that either rage at the repetitive falling/failing or if they whine about needing help (sort of similar to a certain person.... I wont mention any names fresher4321) But other than that, we do need to have more specific tests. For some reason I feel it also should be required that they know how to mod/use plugins as I will always have plugins and we may have our mod that we will pretty much be using all the time.
You said you had a tekkit server? I have tekkit running now :3

I do indeed, if everyone wants I can start it up again. But we have to let the new people know as well.
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Post  Auravoo Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 am

PlayerMidwatch wrote:
-Actors must have skype and be test in a conference call, not to see voice lvl or anything, but to see if they can actually act or read off a script.

Don't forget to test background noise (*AHEM*)
Auravoo
Auravoo

Back to top Go down

Post  FounderSmothdude Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:23 am

Auravoo wrote:
PlayerMidwatch wrote:

Don't forget to test background noise (*AHEM*)
Yes that is true. You can not have any noise. No TV's no radios or anything. If it is your computer fan then try your best to hide it. If you cant I will try to cancel it out as much as I can when editing. Also if you dont have a medium-high quality microphone and it makes pft noises or annoying noises when breathing. Put it to the side of your mouth. Don't worry if it is quiet. I can fix that in editing.
FounderSmothdude
FounderSmothdude

Back to top Go down

New Forum, Ideas and Liberations. Empty Whine detectors and more.

Post  ClassifiedShift Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 am

For the whine detector we put them In an impossible parkour map, So they lose and we see how they can hold the pressure. Also Instead of just a forum I say we could have a website and Use maybe Weebly or something. We need a members list also. It can get intense with recruiting new people and then forgetting how many people we have/need.

ClassifiedShift

Back to top Go down

Post  DrGodu92 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 am

ClassifiedShift wrote:For the whine detector we put them In an impossible parkour map, So they lose and we see how they can hold the pressure. Also Instead of just a forum I say we could have a website and Use maybe Weebly or something. We need a members list also. It can get intense with recruiting new people and then forgetting how many people we have/need.

Well I am actually really good at doing html code, I just need to know what we want it to look like and where we want it hosted on. As for the list of members, we also need it to say how active they are on; well anything (be it just looking at the posts on the forum/website, pmc, minecraft, other games, etc). Because Im pretty sure that half of the currently registered people here have yet to even contribute in any way besides user counts. Also, our website should use the Dynmap link that shows the map of the server so that people can check the place out and chat without having to login. We might even be able to get it to do things like showing what mods we are working on and update patches for our eventual mod launcher.
DrGodu92
DrGodu92

Back to top Go down

Post  FounderSmothdude Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 pm

DrGodu92 wrote:
ClassifiedShift wrote:For the whine detector we put them In an impossible parkour map, So they lose and we see how they can hold the pressure. Also Instead of just a forum I say we could have a website and Use maybe Weebly or something. We need a members list also. It can get intense with recruiting new people and then forgetting how many people we have/need.

Well I am actually really good at doing html code, I just need to know what we want it to look like and where we want it hosted on. As for the list of members, we also need it to say how active they are on; well anything (be it just looking at the posts on the forum/website, pmc, minecraft, other games, etc). Because Im pretty sure that half of the currently registered people here have yet to even contribute in any way besides user counts. Also, our website should use the Dynmap link that shows the map of the server so that people can check the place out and chat without having to login. We might even be able to get it to do things like showing what mods we are working on and update patches for our eventual mod launcher.
Um... Razz We could see how active people are and all of that. But... Remember the user I created the website with? Yeah... forgot the password. We could use a new website with some more design to make it pop out.
FounderSmothdude
FounderSmothdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down